Shocking to most attorneys, the most valuable asset in their law business isn’t the attorney. It’s not even the beloved receptionist who’s been in the trenches for the last 15 years. The most valuable asset of any law business is….the house list and you can build your house list – on autopilot.
House List? What’s a House List and Why Do I Need One?
You’re not the only attorney to ask that question; I assure you.
Your house list is a collection of prospective client (and client) names and email addresses. These folks have given you permission to build a relationship with them (i.e., market to them). You may have heard the term “permission marketing;” that’s what we’re chatting about here.
As you provide more and more value, you build the relationship and the prospect will come to know, like, and trust you – and think you care. When they want your services, you’re the one they call because they already have a relationship with you.
How Do I Build My House List?
You build your house list by capturing the names and email addresses of website visitors. If you don’t capture website visitors’ information, you have absolutely no way of knowing who visited your site or how to follow up with them. You’re losing incredibly valuable business-building information every day.
- You need an IEO.
- No, not a UFO, though that would indeed get you free publicity. Maybe we’ll try that next week…
- We’ll try again
- You need an IEO = “Irresistible Educational Offer.”
An IEO is something of value that you give away in exchange for someone’s name and email address. Example IEOs would be an ebook, checklist, white-paper, report, or Top 10 list. My 50+ Ways to Attract More Ideal Legal Clients is my IEO.
Sample IEO Titles
A captivating title combined with an eye-catching 3D cover icon are the best ways to draw the eye and convince the website visitor to hand over her email address.
Here are a few sample titles:
- How Asset Protection Trusts Get the Lawsuit Bulls-Eye Off Your Back
- 10 Ways to Save Money During Divorce
- What You Don’t Know Will Hurt Your Family: Estate Planning Deficiencies Checklist
- Are You Gambling with Your Children’s Future: 7 Ways to Keep Your Children Safe
How to Make an IEO Work on Autopilot
- Create a captivating title
- Draft the information piece
- Subscribe to an auto-responder list builder such as AWeber
- Have your web professionals place the IEO on a landing page and on the upper right corner of your website (but under the navigation bar – on every page) and connect the auto-responder to your opt in box
- Insert IEO and follow-up emails* into your auto-responder
*90% of your follow-up emails must be giving value (i.e., helpful information). Only in 10% of your emails should you ask for something or try to sell your services. This is relationship building – no asking someone to marry you on the first date.
Then, sit back and watch your house list, relationships, and law practice grow on autopilot!
Do you think you (and your firm) would benefit from private mentoring with a law business strategist? If so, the Private Platinum Program may be a good fit for you. Check it out here right now: Private Platinum Program